Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Total stop on Sybon Action... Switching gears to Megaman Netplay

So, I decided to put a stop to Syobon Action as it will not generate a crowd to actually play. I know people do enjoy the game but it becomes frustrating in a sense that the normal person would not attempt. I realized that I am pretty busy at work and I am always learning so many new things. Since I am doing these things I cannot concentrate on making original content for my projects. With that said, I am shifting to a project that does not require me to do a lot of content creation. This project is Megaman Netplay, well it is called that for now. This game is a little bit in response to the following actions by Capcom: Releasing Megaman Online in Korea only, Cancelling Megaman Universe, Cancelling Megaman Legends 3 along with DLC. I noticed a lot of people are bargaining with Capcom to finally see what they want but I figured I can take the power in my hand. I plan to borrow all sprites from Capcom with proper credits shown. I want this game to basically be a multiplayer Megaman type game with simplified arcade logic. This game will be netplay using the lidgren-network-gen3 library and hopefully I will be able to create a level maker. I will try to keep this blog updated with any real statuses.

Also, apologies to anyone that was waiting on a Pizza Man demo. This game will resume some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment