Saturday, February 18, 2012

Title change for Megaman Netplay game to avoid Capcom rape

So, I have been chatting around about making this game and people think it is a good idea. Some people did bring up legal issues and at first I thought that I could just ignore Capcom. Then, I started thinking if this game actually became big then I would want to port to the 360. The problem with that is that I cannot use copyrighted material. That means I will have to change the name of this along with assets. The project name for now is called Gearbot War which will have a similar flow to Megaman but altered gameplay due to multiplayer. The bad thing about it is the more I work on it the more I want to compelete Pizza Man. The good thing is I keep my source code for both games so that means I will eventually complete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment