Monday, October 28, 2013

I've been thinking a lot about things and I am wondering if I should continue my work in C# with XNA. Its a really nice framework and you can make some awesome games using it. I just realized to speed up my progress that I should switch to Game Maker. I can do technically do it all but why reinvent what's already there. Why haven't I thought of this before you may ask. I have but the problem was at the time there was no networking in Game Maker. It looks like with the new version there is so I can add multiplayer like I intended.

With that being said, I think I will pick up one of my projects but in Game Maker. I know that cancels out releasing on a console since it is a bit pricier I also realized that I could probably release the game on 360 without redoing a lot of stuff. So, for now, I will just work with Game Maker and come back to XNA if I want something on a console. The sad thing about that is by that time XNA may no longer be supported. Makes me wonder what Microsoft plans to do with Xbox One.

No comments:

Post a Comment