Sunday, March 20, 2011

Screen Resolution Locked

Not much as changed about the game graphically but some concepts have been set in stone. This game will only run at the resolution of 1024 x 768 which means it will be in 4:3 ratio. I figured that since this game is based off of older games that running it in an older screen format would do proper justice. I'm currently working on making sure everything gets properly updated to stop certain glitches from occurring (tires not keeping up vehicle). That damn update loop got kind of weird because positions needed to be updated due to positioning. I'm going to have to eventually have some of these variables hard linked instead of being a placeholder. After I get all of that sorted, I'll try to get a HUD up for a new screenshot. Hopefully after the basic mechanics are solid, the real design part can start.

No comments:

Post a Comment