Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pausing this project

Well, I think this project is at a pause due to a lot of different factors. That doesn't mean I don't stop thinking about programming or game development in general. I am currently working on converting some of the code for the game known as Syobon Action (Cat Mario). As most of you know, this is a game that may appear frustrating if you are familiar with playing Super Mario Bros for NES. The game is originally coded in C (with Direct X) and was converted to work in Java for it's web browser version. I may have this switched around because I cannot tell which version came out first. I do know for certain that the C version is available on the developer's website. I have converted his code into C# (with XNA) but I still need to fix things to make sense.


For example here are some of the variable names:
nx, any, nc, egtype, sree, a2tm, anotm and ee.


For those interested in looking at the game in web browser form please browse to:
http://www.geocities.jp/z_gundam_tanosii/home/applet/Main.html


Also, those interested in looking at the unconverted code browse to:
http://www.geocities.jp/z_gundam_tanosii/home/syobon-action-src.zip


I will continue sporadically working on things since life is being life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment